1/8/18- MINERS MEMORIAL COMPLEX RENOVATION PROJECT UPDATE
Kraus Anderson (KA) continues to meet with selected user groups, leading up to larger public forum in early 2018. On January 10, 2018, the KA team will meet with area Senior Citizen groups at the following locations and times:
10:00 am - Virginia Senior Citizens Center, 511 Chestnut Street, Virginia MN
2:00 pm - Washington Manor (In the Community Room)
3:30 pm - Columbia/Rouchleau (in the Rouchleau Community Room)
The purpose of these meetings is to conduct a listening session regarding
- The Current Miners Facility and It's Historic Value
- Features and Amenities They Would Like to See in a New or Renovated Miners Memorial Complex
- Growth Potential of the Facility
- Participation and Use Ideas
- Economic Growth Factors
- New Businesses
- Attract new residents
- Understanding of Why They Thought the Last Referendum Failed
PUBLIC FORUMS will be scheduled and held in early 2018.
If you have any questions about the project or the timeline, please feel free to contact City Administrator Britt See-Benes at 218-748-7500
11/20/17 - MINERS MEMORIAL COMPLEX RENOVATION PROJECT UPDATE
Kraus Anderson (KA) has begun meeting with very small selected user groups.
- City Staff has met with KA to give them an in-depth tour of the facility.
- KA will begin meeting with additional user groups and stakeholders (both public and private) as they work through the planning process.
- Next set of STAKEHOLDER meetings to be held December 12 & 13th.
- PUBLIC FORUMS will be scheduled and held in early 2018.
11/13/17 - MINERS MEMORIAL COMPLEX RENOVATION PROJECT - PRE-DESIGN STARTED
The State of MN Legislature has awarded the City of Virginia $12 million for the renovation and reconstruction of the Miners Memorial Complex. In order to access these funds, the City must begin work on a pre-design to be submitted to the State. Kraus Anderson has been selected as the contractor for the Pre-Design process. In the next year, numerous meetings and information sessions will be held to keep residents and community members aware of the progress.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PROCESS TIMELINE